The Last-Minute Valentine’s Day Guide
If you’re reading this, perhaps you discovered that Valentine’s Day dinner reservations must be… reserved. But before you go for Drugstore Chocolates Year Three, know this. We’ve been swept up in our latest romantic-movie obsession, Winter’s Tale, and after watching? We’re firm believers that love (and, yes, even like) is worth pulling out all the stops for. You in?
For the Romantic
If she were single, her online dating profile would say: “I love B&B weekends and real-life fireplaces.”
- The Flowers: Red roses. Nice ones. Because it’s a proven fact – they’ll make her melt.
- The Chocolate: Homemade chocolate-covered strawberries. Whether you tell her Martha helped with the recipe is your call.
- The Date: A romantic movie that you’ll both enjoy. Try Winter’s Tale. From the star-crossed love story to the good-and-evil action scenes and the Oscar-winning cast (think Colin Farrell, Jennifer Connelly, and Russell Crowe), we can’t stop talking about it.
For the Traveler
If she were single, her online dating profile would say: “Once I lived in a rural hut and taught English.”
- The Flowers: Proteas. One of the world’s most ancient flowers, these exotic blooms are native to Africa – but you can order them, fast, via Hawaii.
- The Chocolate. Yes, the Mexican Hot Chocolate you make her requires no more than a trip to your grocer. With a pinch of chili, though, it’ll certainly taste exotic.
- The Date: The saltiest olives. A bakery loaf, sliced. Thick hunks of cheese from across the globe. Pair with an Argentinian Malbec or a rich Bordeaux, then serve picnic-style.
For the Luxe Lover
If she were single, her online dating profile would say: “My closet is bigger than my bedroom – shh!”
- The Flowers: Orchids. They symbolize love, beauty, and – drumroll – luxury.
- The Chocolate: They’re pricey (and you’ll have to get on ordering them quick), but Teuscher’s champagne truffles are actually filled with Dom Perignon.
- The Date: Take her window-shopping at her dream spots. Even let her try everything on. Don’t buy anything – yet. She’ll still be giddy.
Want to land the best-date-of-the-year award? Enter here for a chance to win the ultimate NYC date night for you and your valentine, sponsored by Winter’s Tale.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.