Calling all curly haired girls – frizz-free ringlets are in your future. According to Refinery29, all you have to do is plop. Which is exactly what we thought. But read on.
- Start by laying out a cotton T-shirt or microfiber towel on your bed. (Not a regular towel – it will just add to the frizz.)
- After you’ve showered, flip your head over and place your curls on the tee or towel slowly.
- Grab the ends of the towel or tee and twist so you have two Pippi Longstocking–esque twists on the sides of your head.
- Pull the twists to the back of your neck and secure by tying them together or using clips.
- Leave for 30 minutes as hair dries.
- Remove tee or towel and add a leave-in conditioner or light oil to seal the cuticles.
Voilà – post-plopping frizz-free curls.
By Joanna Berliner, Editor
What’s your trick? Tweet us at @ruelala and let us know.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.