Stock Your Closet for 2014: The Classic Pieces Every Wardrobe Needs
Out with the old, in with the new, right? Sort of. When it comes to starting the year off on a stylish note, it’s all about the classics. Whether you already own them or need to add a few to the lineup, these are the timeless staples your closet should be stocked with for 2014.
- Fur vest: It goes with practically anything and adds a touch of cozy luxe to every outfit. Living in it isn’t even a question.
- White silk top: The staple of all staples. Wear it to work, then out for drinks.
- Black booties: Dressed up or down, booties add a touch of height and femininity to any comfy jeans-and-tee outfit.
- Leather leggings: Edgy, sleek, and downright cool, they’re a chic alternative to those tried-and-true skinny jeans.
- Classic shoulder bag: You can never have too many handbags, but make sure one is structured, made of leather, and in a neutral hue. With that trio of details, you’ll be able to carry it everywhere you go.
- Navy peacoat: Think dapper. Because you can’t (and shouldn’t) wear that ski jacket everywhere.
- Lace-up oxfords: Think these kicks are only for work? Wrong. Wear them with your favorite jeans – and don’t forget the colorful socks.
- Printed button-front: Chances are, you wear button-fronts almost every day (thank you, 9-to-5). But a print in an unexpected color will make doing so fun.
- Crewneck sweater: Over a tee. Under a blazer. A classic crewneck will carry you right through to next fall.
By Brianna Lapolla, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.