New Year’s Eve is all about glitz, and this year it’s time to spice up your sparkly dress with some matching sequin nails. I used the Ciaté Sequin Manicure to get my NYE-ready tips, but you can also create your own with a little clear polish and glitter from a nearby craft store. No matter which route you go, follow the simple steps below for some seriously showstopping nails.
- Be sure to remove any polish/oil from your nail before starting.
- Working one nail at a time, apply the Ciaté Glitter Grip polish. If you’re working with a glitter polish that doesn’t come with a grip coat, simply paint on a coat of clear polish.
- Immediately after painting, dip your nail into the sequins/glitter. Make sure you have paper towels underneath your manicure station – otherwise, you’ll still be finding these sequins next NYE.
- Press the sequins/glitter onto your nail and brush away any excess with the mini nail brush provided (or, if you’re going without a kit, an old makeup brush).
- Repeat steps 1 – 4 on each nail.
- Finish your manicure by applying a top coat of the Ciaté Glitter Grip polish or clear polish and let dry for about 15 minutes.
Want a step-by-step visual? Check out this great tutorial.
By Carolyn Schultz, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.