The holidays are coming to a close, which means it’s your last chance to flaunt some festive tips (well, until New Year’s Eve, that is). Spruce up your nails this holiday with this easy holly how-to. Just follow the steps below.
Photo courtesy of nailside
What you’ll need:
- Green nail polish (try essie’s “Pretty Edgy“)
- Forest green nail polish (try essie’s “Going Incognito“)
- Mechanical pencil
- Metallic blue nail polish
- Metallic red nail polish
- Clear top coat
How to do it:
- Paint your nails with two coats of the lighter green polish for the base. Let dry completely.
- Using the forest green polish, start on the right side of the nail and make a straight stroke from the center to the tip. Allow the polish to drip and form rounded edges, making each stroke shorter than the next. Refer to our Cloud manicure for assistance with this step.
- To make the veins on the leaf, dip your toothpick into the metallic blue polish (you can also use the forest green polish) and draw a curved line from the bottom left of the nail to the right. Add a few smaller veins coming out of either side of the longer curved vein.
- Finish off the holly leaf with some berries. Dab the tip of your mechanical pencil into the metallic red polish and place a few dots on the vein at the bottom left of your nail.
- Apply a clear top coat to finish.
By Carolyn Schultz, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.