Rue How-To: Glittered Wooden Spoons
What you’ll need:
- Wooden spoon
- Decoupage glue
- Elevated area for spoons to dry
- Decorative paper for recipe cards
- Family recipe
How to do it:
- Mask the top half of your spoon handle with tape to partition the glittered end.
- Brush decoupage glue evenly over the lower half of the handle.
- Paint the glue-covered area with your favorite shade of glitter. Remove tape right after painting to ensure the glue and glitter, once dried, aren’t also pulled away.
- Place spoon on an elevated area to allow the glittered half to dry. (Great way to put those Rue La La boxes to use.)
- Apply a second coat of decoupage glue to seal glitter for use and safe dishwashing.
- Attach recipe card to handle with twine. Tip: Use a family recipe to give your gift a more personal touch.
By Jillian Hudon, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.