Knot Your Average Necklace: 3 Ways to Tie a Strand of Pearls
Pearls are a longtime classic, but finding new ways to wear them can be a challenge – until now. All you need is a long strand (about 64 inches) and this step-by-step knot guide. Just read, tie, and, in moments, find yourself the proud owner a totally unique statement necklace.
The Double Brooch
- Hang necklace around neck and double once.
- Adjust both strands so they hang evenly.
- Attach a vintage-inspired brooch securely to one side.
The Pretzel Knot
- Swing over neck so two strands hang on either side.
- Slip one loop through the other, alternating directions, and repeat three or four times.
- Bring one loop end through the middle of the necklace, then begin alternating loops again.
- Pull outside strands so they hang slightly longer and resemble a collar.
The Wreath Wrap
- Slip necklace around neck and loop twice.
- Hold one side firmly while twisting the other side.
- Twist and weave the strands until desired design is achieved.
Our 10 Ways to Wear: Statement Necklaces Boutique opens on Tuesday, November 26, at 3PM ET.
By Abigail Kuzia, Editor
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.