Before the turkey, way before they break into the apple pie, there’s a day full of football, family mingling, and yes – eating. This Thanksgiving, show them your gourmet touch with a surprisingly simple hors d’oeuvre courtesy of Chanel Martinez, Lead Chef Instructor at renowned national cooking school Le Cordon Bleu‘s Hollywood Campus.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Begin by making pesto. Pulse garlic in a food processor until finely chopped, then add 1 teaspoon pepper, nuts, cheeses, and a large handful of herbs, and process until chopped.
- Add remaining herbs one handful at a time, pulsing after each addition, until finely chopped. With motor running, add oil and blend until incorporated.
- Top the wheel of Brie with the pesto. Wrap the sheet of puff pastry around the Brie, tucking the edges under and sealing with egg wash.
- Add egg wash to the surface as well. Place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake until puff pastry is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Present on a plate of pomegranate seeds and serve with crackers of your choice.
Our Le Cordon Bleu: Cooking Workshops Across the U.S. Boutique opened Wednesday, November 20, at 11AM ET.
By Joanna Berliner, Editor
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.
Chanel Martinez is the Lead Chef Instructor at Le Cordon Bleu’s Hollywood Campus and owner of her own catering company, White Apron Catering. “I grew up in a family where we cooked dinner at home every night. I didn’t know food any other way,” Chanel says. “I loved helping my mom in the kitchen. I will never forget calling her at work for permission to use tequila when I was 10 to marinate some shrimp with lime and cilantro!” From Chanel’s kitchen to yours, enjoy.