Travel Trivia: 5 Out-There Facts About London
Pardon us. We – like the rest of Us Weekly–reading humankind – have gotten so wrapped up in baby George‘s public debut and the Duchess’s incredible post-baby body that we’ve lost track of some of the other things that make London tick. Like these five quick and completely non-Royal facts.
- Covent Garden is a spelling mistake. The area used to be the market garden for a convent.
- The street-style label seen most during London Fashion Week was Zara, hands down.
- Waterloo Bridge was built mostly by women.
- The Underground doesn’t always travel underground, and the Overground doesn’t always travel – you guessed it – above ground.
- There are more than 300 languages spoken in London – more than in any other city in the world.
Want to explore further? Our Trending in Travel: London, England Boutique opens Tuesday, November 5, at 11AM ET.
By Joanna Berliner, Editor
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.