Quick Fix: How to Repair a Broken Nail
Not only are split nails unattractive, they hurt. A lot. To keep splits from getting worse – and looking unsightly – follow the six simple steps below.
What you’ll need:
- Nail clippers
- Nail file
- Clear nail polish
- Colored nail polish
- Empty tea bag
- Clip and file your nail to get as close to the split as possible.
- Empty out a tea bag and cut a small patch that can cover the break in your nail (coffee filters also work for this step). The tea bag will prevent the split from snagging while it grows out.
- Paint your nail with clear polish. While the polish is still wet, place the clipped tea bag over the split.
- Let the polish dry, then buff the nail to smooth out any bumps and make sure the tea bag is flat to the nail.
- To keep the patch intact, place another coat of clear polish over the nail.
- Paint your nails with your favorite colored polish to hide the tea bag.
By Carolyn Schultz, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.