Glitter, Be Gone: 5 Easy Steps to Remove Sparkly Nail Polish
Thanks to Rihanna, this has been the year to make everything shine bright like a diamond – including your polish. I’ve never hesitated to add a little sparkle to my tips, but taking off that pesky glitter-infused lacquer can be quite a challenge. Follow the steps below to ensure smooth removal.
What you’ll need:
- Pure acetone nail polish remover
- Cotton balls
- Mini hair elastics
- Exfoliating makeup cloths
- Soft nail buffer
How to do it:
- Once you are ready to bid adieu to your sparkly tips, soak a cotton ball in nail polish remover and hold it against your nail.
- Keep the cotton ball in place on your nail for 30 – 45 seconds. You’ll be tempted to rub, but be strong and avoid doing so.
- To speed up the process, wrap a mini elastic around the nail and saturated cotton ball. Doing this will allow the acetone to work its magic even faster.
- Remove the cotton ball and elastic. If there is still glitter residue, apply some nail polish remover to an exfoliating makeup cloth (the beads will help grab the glitter) to gently strip the remaining sparkles. Repeat steps 1 – 4 for each nail.
- To finish, use a soft nail buffer to smooth out any uneven surfaces.
By Carolyn Schultz, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.