Fashion Week is all about details, from the brilliance behind the hair and makeup trends to every seam and stitch on the runway. And one thing that should most definitely not be overlooked? Those to-die-for manicures that have stolen the spotlight. So take note of these tips. They’re straight from celebrity manicurist Lisa Logan, whose client roster includes such mani mavens as Beyoncé and Mary J. Blige.
For the Christian Siriano NYFW show, Lisa used products and colors by Red Carpet Manicure, an at-home LED gel manicure system. So all the looks weren’t just runway-ready, they were also completed backstage. No salon trip needed.
What you’ll need:
- The LED Gel Manicure Starter Kit by Red Carpet Manicure
- “Fake Bake” polish
- “White Hot” polish
- “The Perfect Pair” polish
How to do it:
- Start with a base coat of “Fake Bake.” Let it dry completely (it cures super-fast), following the directions in the kit.
- Swipe a stripe of “White Hot” up the center of the nail, beginning at the tip. For this particular look, Lisa went only about three-fourths of the way up. This will give the colorblocked section an extra pop and make it stand out even more.
- Layer a bright color over the strip of “White Hot” to create the colorblocked look. Again, for this show, Lisa used a bright yellow called “The Perfect Pair” and did two coats to completely cover the white.
- Continue to follow the kit’s directions until everything has dried.
- When you’re ready to remove the works of art, the at-home kit also includes a gel-polish removal system. Voilà! Fabulous nails made easy.
By Cassandra Handley, Lead Copy Director
Want more mani how-tos? Check out our weekly Mani Monday column.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.