Rue How-To: Friendship Bracelet Headphones
Headphones are my mode of survival on crowded T commutes – if I can ever find them in my oversized tote, that is. But this DIY is a game changer. Bright, easy to find, and tangle-free, this boho-chic headphone upgrade actually has me looking forward to that subway ride. Well… kind of.
What you’ll need:
- Embroidery floss
How to do it:
- Choose 3 – 4 embroidery floss colors and cut each so it’s double the length of your earbud wires.
- Tie the strings in a secure knot at the plug-in end of the earbuds.
- Start wrapping the first color using the Chinese Staircase pattern. (Remember that? Bet you were a pro back in your summer camp days.) Switch colors as you choose.
- When you reach the point where the earbud wires split, tie a tight knot and cut off any excess string. Begin as you did in step 1 on each separate earbud wire.
- Finish the strings on each wire with a secure knot, clip any excess, and then blare your favorite tunes.
By Carolyn Bothwell, Editorial Intern
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.