RIP Sweat Stains: How to De-Yellow Your White Tees
Pit stains = awkward. If you argue with me on that one, I suggest you soak up some nice visuals courtesy of this BuzzFeed, then rethink your stance.
Now that you’re officially grossed out, let’s talk how to get rid of them. And yes, you can get rid of them – so long as you attack them while they’re, um… fresh.
What you’ll need:
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Baking soda
- A sweat-stained white tee
How to do it:
- Combine equal parts hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and water in a small bowl.
- Mix it all together so it forms a solution.
- Rub the solution onto the tee’s stains, then let sit for 30 minutes.
- Toss it in the washer as you would normally (choose cold water).
- Once the cycle is finished, make sure the stain isn’t there. If it is, repeat steps 3 and 4.
Note: DO NOT throw the shirt in the dryer until the stain is gone. Heat will set the stain – which means sorry, thrice-washed sweat-stained white tee, but to the trash with you. If all else fails, though, you can always douse the stain with meat tenderizer. Yes, I’m serious. Directions here.
By Joanna Berliner, Editor
How do you freshen up your white tees? Tweet us at @ruelala and let us know.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.