Mad for Plaid: 5 Tips for Wearing the Classic Pattern
Plaid is a classic men’s pattern, one you can wear pretty much anywhere. But go about it wrong and you run the risk of looking like a lost lumberjack. So take note:
- When suiting up with a plaid button-front, always pair it with a dark tie.
- Never mix your plaids and checks. Remember: gingham, tattersall, and plaid are all different.
- Leave plaid pants to the pro golfers. Period.
- Plaid should be worn as an accent – not the main attraction. Limit yourself to one plaid piece per outfit and anchor your ensemble with a solid color.
- Don’t be afraid to go unconventional. Sure, red and blue are classic plaid hues, but pastels and brights are great for summer.
Our Road Trip Across America: Manhattan – Men Boutique opens Tuesday, July 9, at 11AM.
By Keriann Coffey, Associate Blog Editor
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.