Mani Monday: Nautical Nails
Beaches, barbecues, and fruity beverages – that pretty much sums up my agenda for the Fourth of July weekend. And this year, I’m letting my fingers get in on all the festive action with this easy-to-recreate nautical manicure. To do it yourself, simply check out the steps below.
What You’ll Need:
- White nail polish
- Colorful Sally Hansen Nail Art Pens (I used blue for the anchor and red for the nautical steering wheel)
- Clear top coat
- Paint your nails with two coats of the white polish and let dry completely.
- Follow this step-by-step tutorial to create the perfect anchor with the blue nail pen.
- For the nautical steering wheel, take the red nail pen and draw a circle in the center of your nail.
- Inside of the circle, draw an asterisk (*).
- To complete the wheel, add little dashes outside of the circle.
- If you want to be extra adventurous, use a gold nail pen to draw a thin curvy line across each finger for a nautical rope.
- Finish with a clear top coat.
By Carolyn Schultz, Staff Writer
Want more mani how-tos? Check out our weekly Mani Monday column.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.