Mani Monday: A Father’s Day Manicure
This Father’s Day, show Dad (and every father figure you know) how much you care with this DIY tie manicure. Just follow the simple steps below.
What You’ll Need:
- White and blue nail polish (I used Sally Hansen’s “White On” and O.P.I’s “What’s with the Cattitude”)
- Sally Hansen’s Nail Art Pens (in any bright colors)
- Metallic nail polish (in gold or silver)
- Clear top coat
- Paint your nails with two coats of polish, alternating between white and blue on each nail. Let nails dry completely.
- Using a Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen, draw a small upside-down triangle at the top of the nail.
- Using the same pen, draw a diamond shape starting at the bottom point of the triangle to create the “tie.”
- Do this for each nail, using different Sally Hansen Nail Art Pens for each.
- Dip a toothpick into the colored polish and draw either dots or stripes onto the “tie.”
- Finish with a clear top coat.
By Carolyn Schultz, Staff Writer
Want more mani how-tos? Check out our weekly Mani Monday column.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.