Mani Monday: Sunglasses Nails
Aviators, cat-eye, or classic square – nothing says summer like a pair of shades. Keep your nails cool in the sun, too, by painting this beachy staple on your tips.
What You’ll Need:
- White nail polish
- Five colored nail polishes
- Sally Hansen’s Nail Art Pen, in black
- Scrap paper
- Mechanical pencil
- Clear top coat
- Paint your nails with two coats of white nail polish and let dry.
- Using the black nail pen, draw two closed U-shapes side by side on each nail to create the lenses.
- Draw two thin lines at the corner of each “lens” for the arms of the sunglasses.
- Drip a few dots of the first colored polish on the scrap paper.
- Dip the tip of the pencil into the polish and carefully fill in the “lenses” with it.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 with the remaining polishes.
- Finish with a clear top coat.
By Carolyn Schultz, Staff Writer
Want more mani how-tos? Check out our weekly Mani Monday column.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.