Mani Monday: An Umbrella Manicure
When rainy days hit, brighten things up with this fun (and easy) DIY umbrella manicure. Follow the steps below to create your own.
What You’ll Need:
- Grey nail polish (I used SEPHORA by OPI’s “Metro Chic”)
- Sally Hansen’s Nail Art Pen, in black
- Light blue nail polish (I used OPI’s “What’s with the Cattitude?”)
- Scrap paper
- Mechanical pencil
- Clear top coat
- Paint your nails with two coats of the grey polish and let dry completely.
- Below the tip of the nail, use the black nail pen to make the umbrella – draw multiple “W” shapes from left to right, then fill it in.
- Continuing with the black nail pen, draw a backwards “J” for the handle.
- Place a dot of blue nail polish on a piece of scrap paper.
- Dip the tip of the mechanical pencil into the polish and sporadically place dots on the nail to create the look of rain drops.
- Finish with a clear top coat.
By Carolyn Schultz, Staff Writer
Want more mani how-tos? Check out our weekly Mani Monday column.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.