Mani Monday: A Cloud Manicure
Photo courtesy of nailside
Stuck in an office and can’t always get outside for some fresh air? Well, this cloud manicure is the perfect substitution for all you 9-to-5ers.
What You’ll Need:
- Three nail polishes (any colors will do)
- Clear top coat
- Paint your nails with two coats of the polish you would like for the base, and let dry completely.
- Using the second color, start on the right side of the nail and make a straight stroke from the center to the tip. To make the cloud shape, allow the polish to drip and form rounded edges at the start of the stroke.
- Once dry, repeat step 2 with the next nail color, leaving enough room to see the second color.
- Repeat step 2 a couple more times as you move to the left side of your nail. Make each stroke shorter than the one before.
- Finish by applying the clear top coat.
- Let the daydreaming commence.
By Carolyn Schultz, Staff Writer
Want more mani how-tos? Check out our weekly Mani Monday column.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.