Mani Monday: Leopard Print Nails
A big trend for spring? Leopard print nails. I particularly love Lindsay Lohan’s fun spin on the typical leopard manicure, so I decided to create a bright version of my own. Check out the DIY steps below.
What You’ll Need:
- White nail polish
- 4 – 5 colorful nail polishes
- Scrap paper
- Mechanical pencil
- Sally Hansen’s Nail Art Pen in black
- Clear top coat
- Paint your nails with two coats of the white polish and let dry.
- Place a dot of colorful polish on a piece of scrap paper.
- Dip the tip of the mechanical pencil into the polish and place a dot on each nail.
- Repeat steps 2 – 3 for each polish color.
- Once the colored polish is dry, use the black Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen and outline the sides of the colored dots. These outlines don’t have to be perfect (or, should we say, spot-on – sorry, had to). Also add some black spots to any empty white nail space.
- Apply a clear top coat to finish.
By Carolyn Schultz, Staff Writer
Want more mani how-tos? Check out our weekly Mani Monday column.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.