The Fitting Room: 7 Fast Figure Fixers
For the days you want to look your utter best, even though you’re not feeling quite there, turn to one (or several) of these figure fixers and cue newfound confidence.
1. The wrap dress. Think of the wrap dress as your wardrobe pièce de résistance – it’s flattering on absolutely every body type, and especially forgiving in non-clingy materials like thick jersey or stiff cotton.
2. The extra-large bag. Besides the benefit of being able to tote around a weekend’s worth of necessities, the extra-large bag is a goddess at making you look quite small in relation (and selectively camouflaging trouble spots in pictures).
4. The dark jean. So flattering – especially if the fit is right. Peep these tips for what will work best for you.
5. The bib necklace. A bold bib necklace will open up your decollate and instantly flatter your shoulders. (Long chains are also a go – just steer clear of chokers.)
6. The long cardi. Hello, instant butt coverage – try it in one of spring’s whispery cottons.
7. The full scarf. Like the extra-large bag, the strategically placed scarf does wonders to hide problem spots, with the added benefit of warding off cubicle-AC frostbite.
By Joanna Berliner, Editor
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.