Mani Monday: The Striped Manicure
From purses and shoes to stationery and iPhone cases, Kate Spade has monetized her brand with her classic and elegant signature black-and-white stripe design. I decided to pay tribute to the iconic pattern with this DIY striped manicure. For your own designer-worthy digits, check out the steps below.
What You’ll Need:
- Two nail polish colors (I used Sally Hansen’s “White On” and OPI’s “Siberian Nights”)
- Clear quick-dry top coat
- Paint your nails with two coats of the polish color you would like for your base, then let dry completely.
- Cut thick and thin strips of tape and place them on your nails horizontally and vertically. Make sure the tape is secure and long enough to hang over the edges of the nail – this will make it easy to remove.
- Paint over the whole nail (tape included) with your second nail color.
- After your nails are dry, gently peel away the tape.
- Finish by applying a clear quick-dry top coat.
By Carolyn Schultz, Staff Writer
Have a manicure tip? Share in the comments below, or tweet us at @ruelala.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.