Mani Monday: Valentine’s Day Nails
Whether you’re going out to dinner or cuddling at home with your special someone, they’ll fall head over heels (or hands) for this fun DIY Valentine’s Day manicure. Just follow the steps below:
What You’ll Need:
- Three nail colors (Pretty pink colors preferred! Mine were Sally Hansen’s “Bubblegum Pink,” “Fuchsia Power,” and “Red Carpet”)
- Three-ring binder reinforcement stickers
- Clear quick-dry nail polish
- Steady hand
- Paint two coats on your nails with the nail color you would like for the layered heart closest to your cuticle.
- Once dry, take the reinforcement stickers and stick two together (making an infinity symbol, or a sideways “8”).
- Place the stickers over the bottom half of your nail to create the second layered heart.
- Paint above the reinforcement stickers with your second nail color and let dry completely.
- Remove the stickers very gently, making sure the design stays in place, and apply a clear quick-dry top coat.
- Once dry, repeat steps 2 – 5 using the third nail color. (Note: To achieve the third layered heart at the top, place the stickers at the center of your nail.)
By Carolyn Schultz, Staff Writer
Have a manicure tip? Share in the comments below or tweet us at @ruelala.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.