Rue Road Test: Make-It-At-Home Dry Shampoo
Confession: I rarely wash my hair every day. I’ve experimented with a few different store-bought brands of dry shampoo over the years, and while I’ve enjoyed the results, I could definitely do without the price tag (as well as all the additional chemical ingredients). Forgo washing and blow-drying your hair on day two and cash in on some extra minutes of beauty sleep with the help of a few common household supplies and this homemade dry shampoo recipe.
What you’ll need:
• 1/2 cup baking soda
• 1/2 cup whole grain oatmeal
• Sprig of dried lavender or 10 – 15 drops lavender essential oil (or any scent of your choice)
• Food processor
• Small jar with airtight lid
• Old makeup brush
• Fine-tooth comb
How to do it:
1. Combine the baking soda and oatmeal together in a food processor and grind until they form a fine powder.
2. Add the dried lavender or essential oil and mix well.
3. Scoop mixture into a small jar for storage.
4. Part your hair into three sections and use the makeup brush to lightly dust the mixture onto each section’s roots.
5. Work the fine-tooth comb from root to tip to brush out any excess powder.
By Grace Romanowsky of Valenki By ACE, Staff Writer
How did your road test fare? Share in the comments below or tweet us at @ruelala.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.