Mani Monday: Half-Moon Nails
From Rihanna and Dita Von Teese to the models at New York Fashion Week, the half-moon manicure is a favorite amongst the stars. And with endless (and eye-catching) color combos, it’s easy to see why. Create your own with these quick and easy steps, below.
What you’ll need:
• Two nail colors (I chose butter LONDON’s The Full Monty and essie’s Bahama Mama)
• Three-ring binder reinforcement stickers
• Clear top coat
1. Paint two coats on your nails with the color you want for the base. This will be the color of the half moon.
2. After your nails are completely dry, place the reinforcement stickers as far above your cuticles as you would like. (Tip: cut slits in the reinforcement stickers so they lie flat on your nails.)
3. With your second color, paint two coats on the top half of your nail.
4. Once the polish dries, peel off the reinforcement stickers from right to left. Doing this will keep the edges looking clean and prevent the nail polish from bleeding.
5. Finish with a clear top coat.
By Carolyn Schultz, Staff Writer
Did you attempt the half-moon mani? Give us your tips in the comments below, or tweet us at @ruelala.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.