New Year’s Eve is all about the sparkle. And for this year’s festivities, I’m going all out with a glitter manicure that will outshine even Times Square’s NYE ball. For your own sparkly nail art (that will look elegant wrapped around a champagne flute), check out the steps below.
What You’ll Need:
-A bottle of your favorite colored nail polish and top coat
-Jar of glitter (I used the Martha Stewart craft glitter found here.)
1) Paint your nails with the colored polish and let dry completely.
2) Cut thin strips of tape and place on nails at an angle.
3) Immediately after, paint the top part of your nail with clear polish.
4) Next, dip your freshly painted tip into the jar of glitter. Repeat for all nails.
5) After 10 minutes, carefully peel the tape off of each nail. (Note: Try to peel off tape in one take, otherwise the tape will come off in pieces which will be tedious to fix – that’s where the patience comes in handy.)
6) Use the dry paintbrush to dust off any wandering glitter.
By Carolyn Schultz, Staff Writer
Have a manicure tip? Share in the comments below or tweet us at @ruelala.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.