Gifting with Meaning
Sure, we love gifts of luxury. We love thoughtful gifts that speak to a need (finally, a decent coffee machine!). But there’s something about a present that packs an emotional punch. Here are five tips to getting – stylishly – heartfelt for the holidays.
1. Time for a photo op. Too often, old pictures end up piled in shoe boxes. Choose a photo that’s curling at the corners and give it the frame it deserves. We’re partial to silver and leather.
2. Charmed, we’re sure. We’ve long been fans of the charm bracelet, and we’ve fallen hard for gifting PANDORA’s modern bracelets and necklaces. The right charm (say, a baby carriage with a pink or blue accent stone) commemorates a moment perfectly. And there’s nothing like starting someone out with a cord and her first charms.
3. Engrave – to raves. There’s something magical about a gift that carries a personal message (literally). Whether it’s a watch case or the border of a picture frame, adding a quote or even just “XO” and your name takes it to another level.
4. Get the news. We love giving a newspaper from the day you met, or the day the giftee was born. For a fun, bonus add-on, pick up a pair of luxe slippers or a chic welcome mat.
5. Make it happen. You have to love a handmade gift. But for those less-crafty types (guilty!), why not handcraft the card? It can be as easy as printing out an iPhone snap of the two of you, pasting it onto a simple notecard, and adding a sweet message with a Sharpie.
Our PANDORA Boutique opens on Saturday, November 24, at 11AM ET.
By Rachel Solomon, Associate Creative Director
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.