Hit the Party Circuit: Dresses for Every Fete

People find any reason to get together – birthdays, half birthdays, Sunday Funday, you name it. And holiday season? That triples the cause. So prepare for every party, social gathering, and soiree with these party-ready dresses for every occasion.

Friendsgiving
Undoubtedly, one of your friends will find it necessary to attempt a DIY Turducken this Thanksgiving, and let’s face it, you’ll be eating a ton, so it’s important to wear a dress that’s comfortable, a little casual, and gives you plenty of room to indulge in that second piece of pie.

Holiday Party at Work
Let’s face it: the holiday party is almost always on a weekday, and with your work ethic? You’ll be going straight from the office, so choosing a dress that takes you through the day and into night is key. This hugging red number works perfectly with a cropped blazer for meetings, then shines at the party with stacks of sparkly arm candy.

Dinner at the Neighbors
There’s always one neighbor who throws an annual dinner party around the holidays (after all, what else is that fancy servewear good for?), so make sure your ensemble shows the neighborhood your fashionable side. Colorblocked to perfection, this tie-waist frock is made for mingling and works with the highest of heels and the chicest of flats. Boots are also encouraged.

Reunion with the Ladies
The holidays simultaneously mean visits at home, and for many of us, that means seeing some of your oldest friends and half of your old high school class. But this year? You’re ready. Call the girls and don a sleek black mini (tone it down with a long boyfriend cardigan or toughen it up with a leather jacket). When you (inevitably) run into your ex, you’ll feel more confident than you ever did back in science class.

Our For the Holiday Circuit: Dresses Built To Party Boutique opens Saturday, November 17 at 3PM ET.

By Abigail Kuzia, Editor

Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.

November 17, 2012