Crashing someone else’s Thanksgiving dinner this year? Instead of cooking up a yawn-inducing side dish, show thanks to your hosts by bringing a homemade, metallic-leaf carafe and a bottle or two of their favorite vino. (Nobody will miss the yams or green bean casserole.)
What you’ll need:
– Several small, freshly fallen leaves (just make sure they’re not too crisp)
– Piece of cardboard
– Metallic spray paint
– Sponge paintbrush
– Mod Podge (or make your own using equal parts white glue and water – shake well)
– Clear glass wine carafe (and/or wine glasses)
– Mod Podge clear acrylic sealer spray
What to do:
1. Lay the leaves flat on a piece of cardboard and spray lightly with the metallic paint. Allow to dry.
2. Remove stems. Then, using the sponge paintbrush, dab the back of each leaf with Mod Podge and position it wherever you like on the carafe.
3. Press down over the leaf with your fingers to be sure it stays in place
4. Paint a layer of Mod Podge over the leaf, being sure to cover all the edges so it lays flat. Allow to dry.
5. Spray the entire outside of the carafe with the clear acrylic sealer.
Important note: Hand wash only! This will not be dishwasher safe.
By Grace Romanowsky of Valenki By ACE, Staff Writer
How did your road test fare? Share it in the comments below or tweet us @ruelala.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.Pin It