Say Cheers: Warm Butterscotch Apple Cider Float
When there’s a bite in the air and you’ve donned your coziest chunky-knit sweater, there’s nothing better than taking in a view with a hot cider in hand… well, except maybe a hot rum cider. Loosen up that scarf and prepare to be warmed from the inside out with this butterscotch rendition – and when you add ice cream into the equation, it feels like Christmas came early.
What you’ll need:
1.5 cups apple cider
1.5 ounces spiced rum (I like Sailor Jerry or Kraken)
1 ounce DeKuyper Buttershots butterscotch schnapps
1 scoop vanilla ice cream
Pinch of cinnamon
Apple slice (optional) for garnish
1. Heat the cider until it’s almost reached a boil.
2. Transfer to a heat-safe glass or mug (mason jars work too).
3. Add the spiced rum and butterscotch schnapps. Mix.
4. Top with a scoop of vanilla of ice cream (don’t go too big or your cup with overflow).
5. Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with caramel to your heart’s content.
6. Finish with an apple slice on the rim and enjoy!
By Grace Romanowsky, Staff Writer
What is your favorite apple cider recipe? Share it in the comments below or tweet us @ruelala.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.