Even eons later, the world’s still just as into dinosaurs as it was 251,000,000 years ago. In fact, there are countless ways to get the kids (and/or yourself) even more in touch with these beloved prehistoric pals, this side of the Stone Age.
1) Re-rent Jurassic Park. While the once-groundbreaking “special effects” may be lost on the Pixar generation, there’s no denying that that velociraptor scene (the one in the kitchen) was downright terrifying. They’ll respect it. We promise.
2) If a natural history museum is within reach, pack a lunch and spend a Saturday there. Larger-than-life skeletons will put the dino’s grandeur in full perspective.
3) Rotate dinosaur eggs into snack time. (The kids don’t have to know they’re healthy…)
4) Dress your little one as a dinosaur for Halloween. Millions-of-years-old reptiles always get more candy.
5) Archeologists in training can hone their skills by digging for dino bones online.
7) Shop our Little Rue Celebrates International Dinosaur Month Boutique! It’s packed with dinosaur-inspired toys, books, and more, sure to keep any budding paleontologist blissfully occupied for hours.
Our Little Rue Celebrates International Dinosaur Month Boutique opens Wednesday, October 17, at 11AM ET.
By Sarah Stanley, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.