Rue Road Test: Pink Ombre
I initially thought this trend would fade with summer, but a quick flick through this month’s Allure assured me that fuchsia was still fab for fall – so I had no choice but to try it myself. Plus, what better time to sport some extra pink than National Breast Cancer Awareness Month?
How it works
- Wrap a towel around your shoulders while applying – trust me on this one.
- Run the chalk’s flat side over the section of hair you want to color, concentrating on the ends.
- Keep in mind that the more times you apply, the darker the pigment. But beware: any excess chalk you don’t brush out will fall out.
- Wash your hair before you hit the streets or the sheets (to protect both your clothes and pillowcases).
- After a second wash, my ombre masterpiece faded into a barely-there blush pink that I actually really liked.
I took a walk on the wild side and paired this ‘do with a vintage Levi’s denim vest for a night out, and loved the look.
By Grace Romanowsky, Staff Writer
How did your road test fare? Share it in the comments below or tweet us @ruelala.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.Pin It