Yes, You Can: Wear Leather at Work
Work environments and leather don’t mix, right? Wrong. Our office (albeit a creative one) has already seen its fair share of fall’s favorite trend in the form of jackets, vest, pants, and even skirts and shorts. From traditional raven to buttery browns, these pieces lend the perfect amount of sophistication and edge to the 9-to-5 and beyond.
1. Shorts: Perfect for warm fall days, these high-waist shorts are unexpected in a sea of skirts.
2. Vest: This moto-inspired vest breathes new life into a classic tweed-blazer-and-jeans combo, for just the right amount of texture and sheen.
3. Moto Jacket: The classic (and easiest) way to incorporate leather in the office? In the form of a jacket, especially if your office has a strict business casual policy.
4. Edgy Boots: If you’re not totally obsessed with the thought of leather at work, try incorporating the trend with a pair of boots or heels with personalized extras, like the pyramid studs on these ankle boots.
5. Flared Skirt: In a world of pencil skirts, this fun option looks fresh and totally on-trend for the fall. Slip on a pair of opaque black tights and this look gets an instant cool weather update.
6. Cropped Jacket: Another timeless leather trend – the cropped jacket. Less like outerwear and more like a fitted blazer, this streamlined piece works perfectly for both in-office and getting-to-the-office looks.
7. Skinnies: The most daring way to up your office edge? Leather skinnies. In a denim-inspired silhouette and just-tight-enough fit, these black matchsticks are surprisingly easy to wear – even at work.