Yes, You Can: Do the Do Of The Moment
Truth be told, I’m not someone who tries too hard when it comes to hair. Let’s just say I appreciate “I-just rolled-out-of-bed” waves. I’d rather take five extra minutes of snoozing than brush out my mass of hair, but this new style has been an AM lifesaver. Not only does it battle heat and humidity, it takes a mere 60 seconds. To get the look that’s been spotted on off-duty models everywhere, follow these instructions:
- Start with a sock, or (if you’re like me and admittedly lazy) grab a hair donut in a shade that matches the color of your hair. For the sock method, simply cut the toe and roll it into a similar donut shape.
- Gather your hair into a high ponytail – experimenting has led me to love both a messy and sleek approach.
- Pull your ponytail through the hole in the donut and bring it up to within an inch of the ends of your hair.
- Pull your ends around the donut shape and tuck them underneath. It doesn’t have to be perfect. (If you have shorter hair, simply spread out the ends to cover the donut, pin, and stop here).
- Start rolling the donut down the ponytail.
- If you have a boatload of thick, luscious hair (which I do not), you may want to secure with a few pins at the base. Otherwise, you’re good to go.
Bonus: Try this before bed with slightly damp hair – it’s comfy to sleep on – and when you take it out in the morning, those bedhead waves (which I just advocated) are more polished and sleek than tangled strands.
By Samantha Dulac, Senior Staff Writer
Make your own hair masterpieces and tag us on Instagram @ruelala or tweet us @ruelala.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.