Rue How-To: Savor Summer Memories
This year especially, it seems like summer is slipping right through my fingers. There’s only one month left (better get outside and soak up some rays!), and I’m trying to savor every last sweet summer memory. From a beach trip earlier this month, I was left with a collection of shells — courtesy of my niece and nephew — and a few pictures. With a little spray paint, I can reminisce about those special moments year round with chrome seashell keepsakes.
• Rust-Oleum Silver Metallic spray paint
• Newspaper or cardboard to protect your workspace
• Frame or clear glass vase
• Glue gun with glue sticks
1. Lay out clean shells on a piece of cardboard (to keep things from getting messy) and spray with silver metallic spray paint.
2. Let dry for 30 minutes.
2. Once dry, use a glue gun to affix shells to a frame or fill a glass vase.
By Emily Gibbons of Lucky Little Love, Staff Writer
Have a tip or comment on displaying summer keepsakes? Share it in the comments below or tweet us @ruelala.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.