Heads Up: Show Us Your Shoes. Win Credit to Shop.
Here’s the deal: You show us your shoes and you’ll be entered to win Rue Credit.
What’s at stake? One of you will walk away with a $500 Credit, and 10 lucky runners-up each win $50 Credits.
How to enter: All you need to do is snap a photo of your shoes, then post it to Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest—and be sure to tag us @ruelala and use the hashtag #shoelala so we can keep score.
And now for the fine print.
Rue La La’s “Shoe La La” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Please read these rules before entering the Sweepstakes. By entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements set forth below.
The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram (collectively, the “Social Media Channels”) or Facebook. You are providing your information to Sponsor, not to the Social Media Channels or Facebook.
1. Eligibility. Participation in the “Shoe La La” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States & DC who are aged 18 or older. Sweepstakes is void elsewhere and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Retail Convergence.com, LP (“Sponsor”), it affiliates, partners, advertising and promotions agencies, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter.
2. How to Enter. To enter the Sweepstakes, you must enter via one or more of the following methods during the Entry Period:
(a) Pinterest Method of Entry: Tag @ruelala in a photo you post to one of your Pinterest boards with the hashtag “#shoelala”. Entrants who use this method of entry must have a Pinterest account (no purchase or payment is necessary to join Pinterest). To join Pinterest, you can request an invite from on Pinterest’s website (www.pinterest.com) Please note that a Pinterest membership is not controlled by and cannot be guaranteed by Sponsor.
(b) Twitter Method of Entry: Tag @ruelala in a photo you tweet via your Twitter account with the hashtag “#shoelala”. Entrants who use this method of entry must have a Twitter account (no purchase or payment is necessary to join Twitter). To join Twitter, sign up at www.twitter.com. Please note that a Twitter account is not controlled by and cannot be guaranteed by Sponsor.
(c) Instagram Method of Entry: Tag @ruelala in a photo you post to your Instagram account with the hashtag “#shoelala”. Entrants who use this method of entry must have an Instagram account (no purchase or payment is necessary to join Instagram). To join Instagram, go to www.Instagram.com and follow instructions there to download an Instagram app via the App Store or Google Play. Please note that an Instagram account is not controlled by and cannot be guaranteed by Sponsor.
Each entrant must have a valid account with the Social Media Channel(s) used by such entrant to enter. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
3. Start/End Dates. Sweepstakes begins at 11:00:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 26, 2012 and ends at 10:59:59 am ET on August 1, 2012 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
4. Random Drawing/Odds. Employees of Sponsor will judge the entries and will select eleven (11) winners on or about August 1, 2012. One winner will be named the first place winner and the other ten (10) winners will be named the second place winners. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
Winners acknowledge that the Sponsor and all other businesses affiliated with this Sweepstakes and their agents do not make, nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of the prize being offered.
AN ENTRANT is not a winner of any prize, even if the sweepstakes SHOULD so indicate, unless and until entrant’s eligibility, and sweepstakes winner have been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process.
6. Notification. Winner will be notified via the Social Media Channel from which winner’s winning entry was received and may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release within three (3) calendar days of prize notification. If winner cannot be contacted, if any prize is returned as undeliverable, or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected, time permitting. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one prize per person or household.
7. License/Usage. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. By entering, entrants agree to the use of their names, likenesses, biographical information, and/or statements for purposes of advertising, trade, or promotion in any media (now known or hereafter known) throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to obligate Sponsor to make use of any of the rights granted herein and winner waives any right to inspect or approve any such use of any and every nature and kind. If any winner is deemed a minor, then such prize will be awarded to winner’s parent or legal guardian.
8. Release. By participating, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, each of the Social Media Channels, Facebook, and their respective advertising and promotion agencies and Sweepstakes partners, and each of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Neither Sponsor nor its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions nor related companies are responsible for any damages, taxes, or expenses that winners might incur as a result of this Sweepstakes or receipt of prize. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way, may be disqualified.
9. Additional Terms. In case of dispute as to identity of entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder at the time of entry of the applicable Social Media Channel account used to submit the entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an account by the applicable Social Media Channel. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, each Social Media Channel and Facebook, and each of their affiliates, partners and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In case of termination, Sponsor will select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrants agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The remedy for any claim shall be limited to actual damages, and in no event shall any party be entitled to recover punitive, exemplary, consequential, or incidental damages, including attorney’s fees or other such related costs of bringing a claim, or to rescind this agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable relief.
THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
12. List of Winners. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by November 15, 2012 to: Retail Convergence.com, LP, 20 Channel Center, Boston, MA 02210, Attn: Marketing Department: Winner Confirmation Request – “Shoe La La” Sweepstakes.
13. Sponsor. Retail Convergence.com, LP, 20 Channel Center, Boston, MA 02210