Who Says Playing with Food’s a Bad Thing?
While we generally advise against our little ones playing with their food, this time around we’re making a delicious exception. Perfect for rainy summer days (drumroll, please): the graham-cracker canvas. Here are five steps for getting your little Rembrandt or Rothko started:
1. Snap a graham cracker in half.
2. Layer it with frosting (there’s no need to be stingy).
3. Inspire their inner artist with a medley of bulk-bin candy (strawberry licorice, MIKE AND IKEs, Swedish Fish, M&M’S…).
4. Download the picture frames below and print them out.
5. Place their masterpiece in the frame, and voilà!
Have other ideas for kid-friendly projects? Tweet us @ruelala.
-By Marissa Dubin, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.