The Bandana: Not Just for Train Heists
Like suddenly realizing that in-the-background friend is actually your soulmate, this minty-blue bandana – it’s been tied around my coat closet’s doorknob for at least two years – has recently gone from unremarkable apartment scenery to something I simply cannot live without. Classically casual in an eye-catching hue (and don’t forget that iconic paisley), this hyper-versatile detail is ready to play – and here’s how:
1. Wrist candy. Wrap and tie onto your bare wrist for a stand-alone statement (I love the knot on the outside), or pair with a couple of unstructured bracelets for seriously irresistible texture.
2. Pocket square. Fold your bandana into an imperfect rectangle for the ideal dose of (GQ-approved) city rumple.
3. Pirate-style. Once tough-guy, now bona fide boho, I’d gladly take this look over a baseball cap any day.
4. Headband. Rosie the Riveter had it right – the knot’s more fun when tied in front. (And Justin Bieber clearly agrees.)
5. Around the neck. Channel either your inner Parisian (by wearing the knot slightly to the side), or your inner thinks-on-her-feet Girl Scout (by soaking the bandana in ice-cold water for an instant summer cool-down).
What’s your favorite way to fold? Let us know in the comments below, or tweet us @ruelala.
-By Sarah Stanley, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.