From always-bumping music to mass-emailing priceless outtakes, the Rue photo studio’s energy is, to say the least, totally contagious. We caught up with summer intern extraordinaire, Alix, for her fresh-eyed take on the non-stop action we’re always hoping to get in on.
More than just a pretty face.
After sitting for hair and makeup, the models are called to their sets. And with 50-plus styles to successfully maneuver in and out of – it’s time to hit the ground running.
Style stops for nothing.
A schedule of always-opening boutiques means steaming, styling, and shooting pieces with lightning-fast efficiency – not to mention a crack team of stylists at the helm, ready to handle any mini-crisis. Too-short suit sleeves? Problem solved with a few quick slits at the elbows.
Those glasses of lemonade you may see in one of our home boutiques? They’re really just water with a little bit of orange juice, expertly mixed by Alix herself.
The closet of our dreams.
There are, give or take, 273 pairs of shoes in the Rue fashion closet. Swoon.
And back to that ever-present music.
The studio’s top ten picks, all worthy of questionable dance moves and off-pitch singing:
1. “Jump Around” – House of Pain
2. “What U Gon’ Do” – Lil’ John
3. “One Fine Day” – The Chiffons
4. “Don’t You Evah” – Spoon
5. “Call Me Maybe” – Carly Rae Jepson (and typically including that YouTube video)
6. “You Only Live Once” – The Strokes
7. “Love You Like A Love Song” – Selena Gomez
8. “No Rain” – Blind Melon
9. “Born in the U.S.A.” – Bruce Springsteen
10. “Poppin’ My Collar” – Three 6 Mafia
-By Sarah Stanley, Staff Writer
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.