The Steps To Amping Up Summer Dwelling
In honor of Rue’s first official White Sale, we turned to one of our favorite (and most refreshing) bloggers, Erika Johnson of The Radiant Republic for her take on upbeat summer nesting. With a few picks from the Boutique – this soft throw, duvet, and set of sheets – Erika walks us through how to revamp the bedroom.
When the summer months heat up, I like to lighten the feel of home décor. The bright colors of summer inspire a more adventurous palette, which translates to a more playful space.
With countless warm-weather weekends spent at my fiance’s Cape Cod childhood home, we re-purpose our favorite summer toys as home accessories. For instance, I love the look of a surfboard propped in the corner of a room – it sets the tone for a relaxed, carefree space.
When rethinking décor during the season of surf, wind, and warmth, here are five tips for bringing the summer vibe indoors.
- Be bold with color. Take a cue from your summer wardrobe stables as you mix bright shades with confidence!
- Create a peaceful nook. While my favorite reading spot is a surf-side hammock, it’s important to have an equally calm retreat indoors.
- Bring the outdoors in with garden flowers. These pretty pink peonies were plucked from my future mother-in-law’s lush garden.
- Be informal. Layered textures and unexpected accessories add to your own unique take on summer décor.
- Anchor your room with mixed patterns. I especially love the embroidered blocking of this elegant Melange duvet.
What are your favorite tips for bringing a summer vibe inside?
The White Sale opens Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 3PM ET.