We’ll never say no to lemons in our lemonade, but these DIY home and beauty remedies are giving us new reason to celebrate the bright yellow citrus.
1. Fix at-home tanning mistakes. Too much bronzer? No problem – just swipe some lemon juice on heavy-handed spots to remove excess tanning lotion.
2. Make a DIY facial cleanser. Mix 1 tbsp. natural yogurt, 1 tsp. lemon juice, and 2 drops of essential lemon oil for a quick and easy facial cleanser that’ll help prevent breakouts.
3. Remove stubborn nail polish stains. We love a bright mani/pedi, but not the color it leaves behind. Soak fingernails in a bit of lemon juice for 10 minutes to remove evidence that Cajun Shrimp didn’t quite work for your skin tone.
4. Soothe skin. When hours in the yard lead to irritated skin (or worse – poison ivy), apply full-strength lemon juice for instant relief.
5. Give your hair highlights. Skip the salon visit in favor of this age-old trick. For blondes to medium brunettes: rub a little lemon juice directly on strands, then head out in the sun for 20 minutes for all-natural highlights.
- By Melissa Mann, Staff Writer
Self tanning and highlights? Get more summer-ready style in A Day at the Beach: Swimsuits & Cover-Ups Boutique now open.
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.Pin It