Planted with parsley, basil, or rosemary, this charming chalkboard pot is a fun and flavorful addition to every kitchen. Check out how we made it in six simple steps, then create your own customizable version.
1. Wrap masking tape around the top of each pot then spray with black spray paint. Let dry for 20-30 minutes.
2. Spray pots with second coat of paint and let dry overnight.
3. Remove masking tape and use a white colored pencil to write the name of desired herb on each pot.
4. Place seeds and 1 cup of potting soil in each pot, then water.
5. Cut a long piece of twine and wrap it along the top of the pot, tying it into a bow.
6. Place pots on their saucers in a dark place until seeds have sprouted. Once seeds have begun to sprout, display proudly on the windowsill.
- By Keriann Coffey, Associate Blog Editor
Not a Member and like The (Style) Guide? You’ll love Rue La La. Join now.