Rue How-To: Think Outside the Lunchbox
Valentine’s Day isn’t just for significant others and star-crossed lovers – we’re all about showering everyone we know with TLC, especially the pint-sized set. For tomorrow, follow our five easy tips and throw a little extra L-O-V-E into the little one’s lunchbox.
1. Dig up a heart-shaped cookie cutter. It’s okay if it’s tiny – the smaller the heart, the more adorable the end result.
2. Using the cookie cutter, cut out two hearts from their favorite bread. Once you have enough cutouts, apply the PB+J or nutella (otherwise the going gets pretty messy).
3. For the face, use whatever you have around the kitchen. We stuck to Smarties, chocolate chips, conversation hearts, and Chiclets, but raisins, marshmallows, and ribbons of licorice will also do the trick.
4. Any red or pink fruit will work for a side. Think strawberries, raspberries, or even some juicy watermelon.
5. Up the cute factor with a cutout paper quote bubble filled in with a sugary-sweet and special Valentine’s Day message.
For more treats for the little ones, be sure to check out tomorrow’s Little Rue Boutique opening at 8PM ET.