DIY: Itty Bitty Planters
We’ve long been admiring our art director (and DIY guru of What Katie Made) Katie Sarna’s teeny tiny desk plants from the cube next door, so we asked the A+C diva for some easy-to-follow instructions.
1. Hit up your local mom-and-pop gardening shop for some air plants.
2. Uncork some champagne. No, seriously. Find something to toast, whether it’s making a new friend or finishing your to-do list.
3. Remove the cork. Then, take a paring knife and pierce the cork so that you’re essentially carving a circle. Note to self: be careful of fingers.
4. Scoop out the cork. Keep in mind the size of the plant in figuring out how deep and wide the opening should be.
5. Make sure to hot glue a magnet to the back. And don’t forget to mist once a week.
*Katie’s tip: for some extra flair, choose champagne bottles with writing and fun designs on the cork.
Whether you decide to give as a gift or cultivate your own desk garden, these little guys are as cute as a button.