Behind The Scenes: On Set With Little Rue

We sat down with Rue Stylist Maureen and asked her about styling for Little Rue.

On the challenges:
“Kids are kids, so that in itself is a challenge. If a three-year-old doesn’t want to model anymore – they aren’t model anymore. The best thing to do is let a kid be a kid.”

On the laughs:
“After jumping around and acting silly trying to get a kid to smile, he asked ‘Are you a kid or a grown-up?’ He was genuinely confused. Was I was a giant kid or a weird adult?”

On the best part:
“I love styling kids because they bring such a sincerity to the set and bursts of energy.”

October 17, 2011

Comments

1. Tara says:

I would love for my daughter to be a model for little Rue . She’s 2 1/2 , with a big personality . And I’m a faithful shopper to your site lol and will always be .

Tara

2. Cara Tondee says:

I love your website =)Can’t wait 2 share w/ others!
    My daughter is 4.5 yrs old & has a personality of her.She loves 2 express thru her wardobe!I was a GA model in the 80′s & Railyn shows an interest in modeling. Please advise where 2 go. Thx

3. Alex Alfaro says:

My 6 yr old daughter happend to sit with me while lookg through ur webpg. She tells me often that someday she will be a Little Rue model. She even made a jingle for u.Shes done pagents and modeling and has Little Rue on top of her list.Yeeaa!♥Alex☻

4. Mildred says:

I have a 4 1/2 year old and loves to watch Americas Top Model, and practices the catwalk it’s fudgy hilarious.. When is your casting for the Little Rue La La models. I would like to submit entry for her…. Thanks Rue la la

5. Devyn O'Neill says:

We will greatly appreciate the particulars regarding how your company selects its child models. My son age 4 is a model with a NYC agency and in as much as we want to go on auditions or go sees for your fabulous company there do not seem to be any!

6. Heather says:

Google “Sahara Snow” she is my 6 year old and does lots of web acting, if you ever are looking for another adorable face with an amazing personality. Funny my 6 year old always wants to act/model my 3 year old totally moody right on that one! LOL