Sold Out, But Still Want It?

We’re beyond excited to introduce this new feature to our Members. Since we know what it’s like to miss out on something you have to have, we’ve come up with a way to try to get it for you – if you still want it.

Now how exactly does it work? Say there’s an item you love, but it sells out. With Still Want It, you’ll be able to tell us just what you’re looking for, and if we can get it for you, we’ll charge your credit card and send it.

Being able to give our Members more of what they want is always first on our list. So look for our new feature on most of our product pages. And don’t forget to take advantage of all the other ways we’ve made getting what you want even easier:

Quick! Buy It.
First, make sure you have a preferred credit card and shipping and billing addresses saved in My Account. Then all you have to do is select Quick! Buy It. on the product page to get your must-haves with fewer clicks (which ensures you don’t lose the finds you love).

Reminders
See an upcoming Boutique you really like? Sign up for the Reminder — just click the “Send Me a Reminder” button on the Boutique page next to that brand, and you’ll have an email (or text message, whichever you prefer) the morning the Boutique opens. All Members get an 11AM ET mailing letting them know a Boutique is open, but Reminders allow you extra notice so you’ll never miss out on a favorite Boutique again.

Returns Your Way
Buy worry-free. As long as it’s not marked Final Sale, you can choose to receive either a merchandise credit and free return shipping, or a refund to your original form of payment minus return shipping costs (just visit My Returns and follow the steps for Returns Your Way).

Our Members inspire our best ideas. So be sure and tell us how we can make your Rue La La experience even better. And let me know how you like Still Want It!

Cheryl

July 21, 2011

Comments

I would be interested in purchasing the Barbara Bixby Diamond Hoop Earrings or the Barbara Bixby Faith, Hope, Charity Necklace featured in the Barbara Bixby Sale July 8, 2011. Please let me know if their of these pieces become available again.

i love this website. it is the best out of all the other flash sales sites. it has the best graphics…it is the best organized and shipping is fast. my only wish is that we can somehow convince Chanel to sell on here! :)

Hi woihwov6 – You can only place your Still Want It requests while Boutiques are still open. When something you want is sold out, just look for the Still Want It option on a product page to submit your request. Hope this helps!

the brown, tall Burberry rian boots…missed the sell out as i was typing my size…:( will keep a watchful eye!

I really really still want to have Burberry Flat(black, size 7). I misse that item because of my busy work. Please let me know if it becomes available again. Help me Rue La La~

Hi hpak11: So sorry you missed out on your Burberry flats! Still Want It is actually only available while the Boutique is live (you’ll see the option on certain product pages). Be sure to keep your eye on our calendar for upcoming Burberry Boutiques!

How will you know if you got the item or not? Do you send an e-mail? Usually how long does it take to find an item?

We’ll give you an expiration date when you make your request. If we can’t get it by then, the request will drop off your SWI list. If we can, we’ll email you letting you know it’s on its way! More here: http://www.ruelala.com/common/faq#stillwantit

My Hubby and I missed out on Tommy Bahama mens shirts the other day.Everything we clicked was sold out in what seemed like record time.Do “still want it prices apply?” Also is there any other way to get earlier reminders when favs come?

just used this feature and got word my order went through – am so happy (hello gucci bag!).

Will you have Coach bags and accessories available? Will you also have the option to use PayPal for “Still Want It” items?

I really can’t stop thinking of the sue wong dress I fell in love with
    Sue Wong – Disco Beaded Tulle Dress in Champagne

I wished this option was available during the Matisse sandal sale; I really wanted the Jann Sandal.
    however, thank you for providing this new service.

I am dying for those havaiana flip flops with the Swarovski crystals I missed a few weeks ago! Any color please in a 9! Hope to see them back!

I would love the Honora floating pearls watch in first choice ivory second choice black then pink or turquoise. Thanks so much.

I am looking for the navy and white stripe “Jag” dress by French Connection (size 10…8 would prob work too). Please let me know if there is any way to still get it.
    Thanks.

Hi all: You can place your Still Want It request only when the Boutique is open, so be sure to look for the option on a product page when something you want is sold out (but the Boutique is still live). Stay tuned for a video of SWI tips this week!

I was just about to tweet about how I love the fact that there is the “Sold Out, Still Want It?” feature…and lo and behold, here is this post. I think this is great. Keep up the fan-freakin-tastic work Rue La La!

Forever a fan…

I want the about phace facial! I can’t believe I missed it!!

can i still buy Bric’s duffle bags

Ditto the Tommy Bahama shirts – all the large sizes were gone in a flash. Thanks for the new feature :)

alot of requests for sold out items . this is not a message board to get something thats sold out you must click on the waitlist the day the item has sold out. got it!

this is fantastic!!!!! one more request – how about a personal shopper if looking for something special and dont have time to be first in line every day – you could charge extra for it or have a premium membership. love love love rue la la!!!!!

cdrury02 – Some of our best ideas come from Members, so thanks for sharing yours! We’ll be sure to share it with the rest of the team. And we’re so glad you’re enjoying Still Want It.

Great feature-could’n believe it when I saw it. Best flash sale websit EVER!!! Fantastic graphics and talk about quality and customer service! Thank you La La!!

As a woman with “curves”, I skip all the clothing since and ‘extra small’ is something I only order in a resturant. You Must know good designers who create clothing for “real” women? Let’s face it, a size 14 is NOT an extra large.It’s normal in USA

27. holly says:

how often do you get something you requested on “still want it”?

28. kflynn says:

Hi holly,
    We offer Still Want It when we think there’s a reasonable chance we can get the item for our Members. When a Member places a Still Want It request, we do everything we can to get it for them (and if we can’t, it will drop off of the Still Want It list by the date listed).