Let it Rue: Carrot Soup Gets the Royal Treatment
A RECIPE FROM CALIFORNIA CAVIAR COMPANY
Caviar is steeped in tradition and mystique, but the oceanic delicacy is really much more accessible than you think. We plan to get adventurous this holiday season and wow guests with a decadent (but simple) caviar recipe. California Caviar Company offers up a lush, perfect-for-the-dinner-party treat.
Carrot Soup with Tarragon Cream & Caviar
2 shallots, minced
2 tablespoons butter
1 pound carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
2 cups chicken stock
½ cup heavy cream
¼ cup sour cream
2 tablespoons fresh tarragon
2 ounces caviar (we recommend the California White Sturgeon or the Hackleback)
1. Melt butter over low heat, add shallots and carrots and cook for 15 minutes.
2. Add chicken stock and simmer 10 minutes until carrots are tender.
3. Puree the mixture in a blender until smooth, adding more chicken stock for desired texture. Soup should be thick enough to coat a spoon.
4. Return soup to saucepan and keep warm over low heat.
5. Whisk cream until soft peaks form.
6. Fold sour cream and tarragon into the whipped cream.
7. Divide soup into four bowls, top with a large dollop of whipped cream mixture, and a spoonful of caviar.
8. Garnish with a sprig of tarragon, serve, and enjoy.
Our California Caviar Company Boutique opens December 18th at 11AM.