The Crib Sheet: Fashion Undercover
10 TIPS FROM SPANX FOUNDER SARA BLAKELY
While we usually look for ways to update our wardrobe by adding from the top down, a re-thinking of basics can add life, shape, and a definite boost of confidence. SPANX founder Sara Blakely shared with us her favorite ways to work in some truly transformational base-layer updates.
1. Pencil skirts are everywhere this season. Wear one with a half slip or try a pair of sheer control top pantyhose for an extra-polished look and hourglass silhouette.
2. Try a SPANX black lace cami under a long cardigan for a cool, layered look and a little extra tummy control.
3. Pair lace tights with tougher footwear like cowboy boots for a flirty look with an edge.
4. Try a silky, wide leg pant. Footless Pantyhose help ensure a VPL-free rear view.
5. Keep summer shorts out longer by wearing a pair of tights underneath.
6. Cashmere sweaters are a cozy, classic fall staple. Layer a shaping cami underneath for a smooth, cling-free look that will never go out of style.
7. Sport a sleek turtleneck and accessorize with jewelry. Go with black for extra slimming or try another neutral like warm camel or gold.
8. Try a pair of footless tights with ballet flats and a mid-length full skirt for a casual but still stylish alternative to jeans.
9. Rock the sexy, sheer trend this season without feeling overexposed. Layer a lace full slip underneath a sheer dress for support, coverage, and an added touch of femininity.
10. Layer a high-rise body smoother underneath a curve-hugging, vintage-inspired dress to get in on the Mad Men trend and have a little extra breathing room.
Our SPANX Boutique opens Tuesday, September 28 at 11AM ET.