OUR STYLE WRITER RECAPS NEW YORK FASHION WEEK
We’ve regrouped after the scene that was New York Fashion Week in Lincoln Center, and we’re marinating in the trends for spring (which we’ll start playing with right now). Here, a recap of some of our favorite moments from fashion’s big week.
Inside our style writer’s bag:
1. A pair of leopard, platform pumps for an instant splash of chic.
2. A sheer, flowy blouse to layer over a nude tank.
3. Black, high-waisted pants (because they literally go with everything)!
4. A minimalist LBD that could easily be dressed up or down.
5. An iPhone for keeping our Facebook and Twitter pages full of live action from the tents.
I spy… Our best street style spottings:
1. Sequins shorts and pants – something about it is so on for daytime.
2. Studded pumps and flats – instant rocker appeal.
3. Red lipstick – rocked by the bold and the beautiful.
4. Leather skirts and pants – positively sleek and effortless.
5. Layers of pearl necklaces – they made even the simplest outfit look rich and glamorous.
Can’t stop thinking about…
1. Our interview with Ruthie Davis. The scoop on the designer’s inspiration from the designer herself – unparalleled. (Stay tuned.)
2. Seeing a hoard of designer umbrellas fling open when it started to rain Monday night outside Lincoln Center.
3. Meeting Rachel Roy. One word: Stunning.
Look for more Fashion Week coverage here in the weeks to come. We can’t wait for you to see our celebrity interviews, runway trend reports, insider stories and more.